Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Shayla's Cancer Fight

Recently, my family was shocked and devastated to learn that the lump my sister-in-law, Shayla Shelburne, found in her breast was cancerous. We couldn't believe it. She is a 31 year old momma of a 3 year old and wife. She is healthy and takes good care of herself. It is just something you never expect to happen to someone so young.  Shayla and her husband Chris (Jeff's older brother) immediately began seeing various doctors to try to come up with a plan to fight this cancer. Throughout this ordeal, Shayla has been amazing. She has been positive and her faith has never wavered. She has been strong and gone about her normal life. After I read her latest blog post, I just had to share it with as many people as I could. Her faith amazes me and the words she says are a lesson for everyone, in every one of our lives, no matter where we are and what we are going through. You can read her story and see the example of her amazing faith at shaylashelburne.weebly.com. Please take a minute to pray for Shayla, Chris, and Brenley. This is just the beginning of this journey and the road will be long, but with faith and prayer Shayla will come through it stronger than when she started it. She is constantly on my heart and in my prayers and I hope she will now be in yours too and that you will be as inspired and amazed by her faith as I am.
The Shelburne Family- Shayla is in the red jacket.

2 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog! Praying for Shayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found it too! Thanks for the prayers. I hope you and your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete